Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Parking Ticket That Was Not!!

YAM (Yet Another Mave$ave)!!!

If you've been driving around New York City you may have found that Meter Personnel can be fairly diligent about giving parking tickets.  I've read articles about some of these employees waiting for the time to expire on meters (those that are still found around the City).  When I've watched and read news stories about this, I've been heartened to hear that drivers are supposed to be given a 5 minute grace period to buy the ticket to display in their windshields.  

I learned something very interesting yesterday.  As my daughter and I walked to buy the ticket to place on our windshield, something told me to turn around to look at my car.  Thank you, Parking Angel!!  It just so happened that a meter maid had her pad poised to write me a ticket when I let her know we were walking to get the ticket.  She informed me that when you're en route to the Muni Meter to buy a ticket, you should put your blinkers on. 

Well, I'm here to share that info with you because I wasn't aware of this and I have a feeling  Parking Angels are very busy these days!!  So, just in case your Parking Angel doesn't alert you like mine did, it sounds like you should put your blinkers on while in transit to the Muni Meter to purchase your ticket.

HPP!!! (Happy Parking, People!!!)

Copyright 2013  Mavis Fowler-Williams  Some rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment