Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mousepad Thoughts . . .

Hi Everyone,

Here is YAM (Yet Another MaveSave)

Just yesterday, I was looking at our poor, sad old mousepad and thinking it needs to be put out of its misery . . . well, it’s still lingering, I have to admit.  But, that doesn’t mean that I’m using it at all!!  I’ve got something better . . .

Like a lot of those cloth covered promotional mousepads that are serious MaveSaves (yes, you get them for FREE because some company is trying to sell you their product by having you look at it day after day while you use your computer) it wears out in the middle.  So, needless to say, that indentation makes it much less useful as a mousepad.

Despite my many shopping expeditions (daily, of course) , I couldn’t recall seeing any great deal s on mousepads.  I found a great deal on Case Logic thumb drive covers at Jack’s 99 Cents (and bought loads of those) and love the purple mousepad I bought there, too.  Alas, no micepads!  What’s a person to do?  Innovate!!  I thought the cover of my Alumni magazine looked pretty appealing and figured I’d slide my nice mice (yes, we prefer mice to trackpads in this household, what can I say . . . ) on that for a while and see how it works!  Well, that’s why I’m sharing . . . it’s great!  You might be doing this already but like it so much better than the mousepad that I just had to blog about it!  The nice, thick alumni magazine have a great glossy cover that is fantastic under your mouse!  A good hardcover book (if you still have any around) could work, too!  The possibilities are limitless! For me, it beats your desk surface and is nice on the couch or bed, where we use our mice these days, too, right? Talk about reduce, reuse and recycle!  This is not only free . . .  it’s green!
 
Copyright 2013 Mavis Fowler-Williams  Some rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment