Saturday, January 19, 2013

Napkins, Napkins, Napkins!!!

YAM (Yet Another MaveSave) . . .

Our family has successfully made the move to using cloth napkins all the time and it's great!  This was a really easy change!  The switch was pretty seamless because well, the industrial size (yes, we used to buy large numbers of colorful paper napkins from BJ's Wholesale) package of napkins was empty.  Eventually this happens . . . that seems to be one of the downsides to using disposable products, eh?

Well, when we ran out of napkins I proposed that we buy cloth napkins to my husband.  He was on board!   Even though we already had a number of cloth napkins that I used to use for dinner parties BK (before kids), those fancy napkins were light colored and made of somewhat delicate fabric. Understandably, we only used them for special occasions! 

The simple next stop was --- something I have no problem at all doing -- shop for napkins! I was on the lookout for some fairly inexpensive, dark colored napkins that would be durable enough for daily use and regular washing.  I thought I knew the place and was ready to venture there with my shopping buddies, our kids!  When my husband first saw this store, he said it would be the place for me!  Was he ever right! We drove to The Christmas Shoppes in Paramus and the rest is history!  I bought maroon, brown and rust napkins that we're gleefully using and the kids found all sorts of holiday paraphernalia at nice, low discount prices!

Our kids seem to really prefer the cloth napkins and they're great for entertaining (of course).

BTW,  besides enjoying their company, when the 3 of us drive to Jersey we pay a much lower Car Pool fare with EZ Pass.  More about that in another MaveSave!

If you sign up for the Christmas Shoppes e-mail mailing list they say you'll receive a $10 coupon.  I signed up and received the coupon but I haven't used it yet!

If you have info about other great places to buy napkins, please feel free to Comment!


Copyright 2013  Mavis Fowler-Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment